Re: proposal for managing man pages in CVS

NABETANI Hidenobu <nabetani@kern.phys.sci.osaka-u.ac.jp> writes:

> I propose that Debian-specific man pages should be managed in CVS,
> which has the following good feature:
>
>   * Of course, many good feature of CVS.
>   * The package maintainers can easily get the translated man pages
>     for their packages.
>
> I have already translated some Debian-specific man pages to Japanese.
> To maintain them up-to-date and easily commit them to the maintainer,
> they should be managed in CVS, I think.
>
> Any suggestion?

We have no authority to dictate to maintainers how they should go
about managing their own sources.  I can only say that we freely offer
use of cvs.debian.org for any debian project -- I think this helps
translators of the developers-reference, boot-floppies, and other
various DDP documentations.