Re: Proposal for documentation

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) a écrit:

> On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 22:04:00 +0300, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> > What about those Debian books published, what kind of "license" are
> > they using and what is the deal with the publisher?
>
> John Goerzen and Ossama Othman's "Debian GNU/Linux: Guide to Installation
> and Usage" (http://www.newriders.com/0914-9.htm) is GPLed and packaged as
> "debian-guide".

Yet another beginners guide, but the work is very nice done anyway :)
Something that misses is a guide to explain how to setup some networks
services like NIS, NFS, Sendmail, Firewalling, SSH, Apache, NTP, IRC,
etc. in more details than HOW-TOs... That's the thing I have begun these
days and any contribution or advices would be *MUCH* appreciated. I
think that it would be very interesting and contructive if sysadmins can
share their experience...

Yours,

Adrien

PS : Robert, can I use the small piece of text you provided me about SSH
?

------
Adrien Dessemond
Eleve ingenieur

Institut Mediterraneen d'Etudes et Recherches en Informatique, IA,
Robotique - Perpignan (FRANCE)

http://www.imerir.asso.fr - Mortal Kontakt : dessemond@imerir.asso.fr

"Going on means going far. Going far means returning.