Re: Bad links in the install docs (and package reports)

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 02:19:21AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:
>
> >   http://localhost/releases/slink/sparc/release-notes/index.en.pdf : error 404 Not Found
>
> We don't make PDFs for the release notes. Duh.

The changes you approved for install_manual.wml should take care of this.
The change is checked into CVS.

> > Looking into http://localhost/releases/slink/i386/reports
> >   http://insite.verisim.com/search/debian/simple : error 500 Can't connect to insite.verisim.com:80 (Bad hostname 'insite.verisim.com')
>
> Huh.. That's John Lapreve's (sp?) pages.

When there are a large number of problems I simply send them all off fully
knowing that some may be due to other problems. Sorry.

BTW, it's John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.Arizona.EDU>.

John, can you change the link in the script that generates the reports
to link ../../../../search (check to make sure I got that correct)?
If the reports are used in different locations, you can simply link
http://www.debian.org/search instead.

> > Looking into http://localhost/releases/slink/sparc/ch-install-methods.en.html
> >   http://localhost/releases/slink/sparc/base2_1.tgz : error 404 Not Found
>
> Feh.  Fixed on master.  We gotta have a better way -- probably
> redirect to http.us.debian.org or some such?

I'm not sure what to do about this sort of problem either.

Wow. That was a lot of errors fixed (or at least identified).
Thanks.

Jay Treacy