Re: cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `maint-guide.sgml'

On 11 Sep, Josip Rodin wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I typed:
 >
 > $ cvs commit -r 1.5 maint-guide.sgml
 >
 > Edited the changelog, saved it, exited, and after some time got this
 > message:
 >
 > cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `maint-guide.sgml'
 > cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
 > cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvs01258baa
 >
 > What the fsck does that mean? How can I fix that?

You have to do an update since maint-guide.sgml was modified by someone
else while you were editing your checked out version:

	cvs update maint-guide.sgml

This will merge any changes that were made after you check it out into
your version.  If there are any conflicts you will have to correct them
before you can commit them.  Once the file is clean, i.e. no conflicts,
you can then commit the file.

HTH,
-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
Center for Distributed Object Computing, Washington University, St. Louis