Re: deb-make is evil (was Re: a few ideas)

sv> On 25 Mar 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

>> We definately are not recommending deb-make for new maintainers.
>> Despite what Santiago may say, debstd/deb-make is definately
>> deprecated.  Any manuals suggesting deb-make are buggy and should
>> be fixed or removed, IMHO.

sv> What may I say?

sv> Helper packages are optional, not mandatory.

sv> Any manuals suggesting *exclusively* the use of any helper package
sv> are buggy and should be removed.

Oh, I definately agree.

However, I would feel better about debstd if someone did a
comprehensive policy audit against the package.  You've been very good
at fixing bugs but I suspect there are many more there.