Re: install.html suggestion (fwd)

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 10:26:43 -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
[partition magic]
> On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 08:44:44 +0100, "J.H.M. Dassen" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> said:
> > They have sponsored development of an ext2 resizer which is available
> > for their latest product; it will be released under the GPL (18 months
> > after its initial release IIRC, so probably this year).
>
> Ray, I was unable to find any information on such a tool.  Do you have
> some URLs I can look at?

For information on Partition Magic 4 (which can resize ext2fs partitions),
see http://www.powerquest.com/press/pm4available.html . I've not been able
to find a URL that talks about when it will be released under GPL (the ext2
homepage http://web.mit.edu/tytso/www/linux/ext2.html doesn't mention it); I
heard about it in Ted T'so's talk at the 1998 Linux Kongress in Cologne; you
might want to mail him for details.

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would