Installation manual: arch flavors

Currently, I've been using SGML conditionals to isolate x86-specific
portions of the installation manual.  I've yet to do general
restructuring of the document in preparation for the insertion of
other platform-specific information.  However, there's a core issue I
would like to address first:

  Should the different flavors of the Installation Manual for the
  different released architectures all be in one document, or should
  there be different "flavors" of the same document for the different
  architectures?

The current system I am using seems to favor the later position.  Each
build of the boot floppies package defines the relevant architecture
string, which enables the relevant text areas and disables the
irrelevant ones.  This seems to be the best solution, since the
shorter the doucment, the more likely it is to be read, I think.

Do others agree?