Re: translations of documentation

IIRC, last year Christian Leutloff (hi!) proposed a mechanism for this
based on a so-called "skeleton".  It should be in the debian-doc mail
archive.

It more or less comes down to the following: Each section of a
document contains such a skeleton (using appropriate SGML entities)
outlining all the important information including figures, examples,
tables, etc.  The author of a partiular (part of a) document for a
particular language uses the skeleton for writing the actual text in
that language.  This means we only have to maintain these skeletons in
a central place, and let the (team of) language author(s) worry about
the exact wording.

Thanks,

Ardo

--