Re: Debian Installation Doc

In article <199810151558.QAA17184@linda.lfix.co.uk>, "Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> "Nils Lohner" wrote:
>>  Here's something I came across surfing yesterday... someone
>> interested in picking this up and redoing/updating it a little for
>> slink?  It's a great place to start for installation
>> instructions...

Um, have you seen our own installation documentation?  It's much more
in depth.  I agree it needs a deeply surgical re-write.  However, our
maintainer, Igor, is going away for a while.  Urk!  We need
volunteers.

We need to integrate the m68k and Alpha installation documentation
with it too, btw.  SGML's own conditional inclusion method should make
it pretty easy to *share* the common part of the Debian installation
documentation (i.e., how big to partition disks), while allowing
branching or divergance for the architecture-specific bits.

Anyone volunteer?  I think I could at least get the i386 stuff going,
and help with the SGML-specific issues (I realize most people don't
know SGML too well).  I would definately need a helper with the m68k
and Alpha.  (Or someone in the NYC area to loan me a m68k machine and
an alpha?? ;)