Re: Translating documentation

Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> Hi,
> I have had a glipse on www.debian.org but haven't found a clue about how
> to contribute to translating Debian docs (or whatever). I have only found
> something about translating web pages, but all the cvs-related stuff made
> me feel dizzy.

The easiest way to translate the web pages would be to pick up the
english original, save it as page.html.pl and translate it.  Afterwards
send back the translated page.html.pl file to the webmaster.  He will
include it into his CVS/RCS/tree.  Don't forget to put your name somewhere
so he can ask you for updates, at least something like

<!-- Translation made by porridge@lo4.ids.bielsko.pl (Marcin Owsiany) -->

should be in the page.

I think this list is appropriate for this issue.  Hey, wasn't there
debian-i18n some time ago?

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.