Re: Re^2: Debian Metadata Proposal -- draft rev.1.4

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> Marco Budde wrote:
>   >No, it#s a bad idea. Why should we should the user a German title
>   >if the document is in English? If he don#t understand English, he
>   >can#t read the document, so why do we need a German title?
>
> I can see the point of having an English title for a German document.
>
> This could be useful to an English administrator organising
> documents whose text is in German.  The English title lets the
> administrator know what documents he has provided in German
> translation.

Well, the Relation.IsBasedOn would point to the identifier for the
original ("translated from") document.  So this argument isn't very
compelling to me.

I'm inclined to side with Marco right now and that would pretty much
let us never require (or allow) and qualifiers in any elements, since
they are always implied.

> Of course, the document would need to have a German title as well.

Of course.