Re: debiandoc-sgml vs. docbook

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Yeah, the lout output was yucky. It has LaTeX now. It also has texinfo,
> > which DocBook still lacks.
>
> What did you not like about the debiandoc Lout PostScript output ?

I can't find an old lout printout, I don't remember so well. I know it had
all kinds of wrong whitespace - line breaks in the SGML made two spaces in
the output, spaces before periods, things like that. (don't know if this
was Lout or DebianDoc making the mistake.) And the FSF texinfo manuals
just look nicer; TeX has very nice fonts, spacing, and hyphenation IMO.

The annoying thing about LaTeX is that when it hits an error, the
interpreter stops and asks for interactive input. This causes
debiandoc2latex2e to hang forever and mysteriously.

Havoc