Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI
--- Begin Message ---
The original message was received at Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:16:49 +0200 (EET)
from MMCDXLVII.hdyn.saunalahti.fi [195.197.44.47]

<debian-doc@list.debian.org>

550 <debian-doc@list.debian.org>... Host unknown (Name server: list.debian.org: host not found)

   ----- Original message follows -----

Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:16:16 +0200
From: Tapio Lehtonen <tale@iki.fi>
To: debian-doc@list.debian.org
Subject: Development version not on web page?

I have been wondering why the Debian System Administrator's manual is
not visible as development version in
http://www.debian.org/~elphick/manuals.html/system-administrator/index.html

All the other manuals seem to be there. Did I do something wrong in
committing my changes to the CVS repository? I can compile the system
administtrators manual on my own computer, and I have tried to check
cvs status so that the same files are in the repository.

I have also tried to check the results of the last build on the DDP
server, from http://www.debian.org/~elphick/ddp/last.build.results,
but that just gives me (In Netscape 4.5) dialog box with "ex/vi: Vi's
standard input and output must be a terminal". I suppose that the
.results is interpreted as file type.

I did manage to read the last results with lynx, but I did not see
anything that would indicate an error in system administrator -manual,
except this:

rm -f
/usr/debian/home/elphick/ddp/manuals.sgml/../../public_html/manuals.html/
system-administrator/*.html
install -d -m 755
/usr/debian/home/elphick/ddp/manuals.sgml/../../public_html/m
anuals.html/system-administrator
install -m 644 --preserve-timestamps system-administrator.html/*.html
\

/usr/debian/home/elphick/ddp/manuals.sgml/../../public_html/manuals.html/system
-administrator/
install: system-administrator.html/*.html: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [publish] Error 1

But this seems to mean *.html files are removed, and then later they
are not there. I don't have a clue as to why the make fails to
generate the *.html files on DDP server.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI