Re: Debian HOWTO

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > Kathy Miles and I are working on a web page designed to get new users
> > and/or Windows users started using Debian.  We plan to publish it as a
> > book as well.  Were covering more than is needed for a HOWTO and could
> > incorporate into one.  We were planning on doing the HOWTO, but we need to

	<snip>

> Guy's Account wrote:
> >  ... so I'll leave it for now ...

> Why not work together with them?  I understand that's the way the Internet
> works.
	<snip>

Well, I'm open to that.  Actually, re-read the original suggestion:

> HOWTO similar to RPM howto but describing the Debian package format and
> giving some information on how to install debian packages (using dpkg or

I didn't "get" this until the third time I read the message.  So perhaps
there's scope for two HOWTOs here ... however, we could work on both of
them together.

Is that ok with Chuck and Kathy ?

----
Guy W. Hulbert					At Work: