Re: Translating documentation

> The easiest way to translate the web pages would be to pick up the
> english original, save it as page.html.pl and translate it.  Afterwards
> send back the translated page.html.pl file to the webmaster.  He will
> include it into his CVS/RCS/tree.  Don't forget to put your name somewhere
> so he can ask you for updates, at least something like
>
> <!-- Translation made by porridge@lo4.ids.bielsko.pl (Marcin Owsiany) -->
>
> should be in the page.
>
> I think this list is appropriate for this issue.  Hey, wasn't there
> debian-i18n some time ago?

I would not be averse to this solution as long as it is not done on a large
scale. The only complication is that parts of some pages are generated by
scripts so it creates more work for me to put all the text in the right place.
This is why I suggest that teams work on translations with one person coordinating
who translates what. The coordinator would be responsible for putting committing
the translated pages to CVS.

Jay Treacy