Re: DDP webpages now at www.debian.org

"Adam P. Harris" wrote:
  >Havoc Pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:
  >>>
  >>> No, well, usually pserver is only used for anonymous access.
  >>> Generally, people want to user client/server with CVS_RSH set to
  >>> ssh, using :ext:.  I've written up documentation for this for the
  >>> metadata spec also, I'll emit another build of that and point you
  >>> to it.
  >>>

  >> The problem with ssh in this case is that anyone accessing CVS would
  >> need an account on va, as I understand it. With pserver, it's only
  >> necessary to add them to CVSROOT/passwd, and the individual doc
  >> maintainers can do this without bothering debian-admin. As I
  >> understand it that's why the pserver is used.
  >
  >Yes that is correct.

In that case, since Documentation writers are not necessarily also
developers, we had better stick with the pserver access method.

Therefore, please let me know if you want access and supply an encrypted
password (generated with `makepasswd --crypt --clear=your_password')
(makepasswd is a separate package.)  If you don't supply a password, I
will generate one, but it won't be memorable.