Documentation co-ordinator

OK, there have been no objections to my taking on this job, and no rush
of volunteers to do it instead! so I shall do it.

I am going to set up a CVS tree on cvs.debian.org, and shall post a message
when I have it set up.

I have asked Christian to assemble a tarball of the web pages.

I think it is rather difficult to change a directory structure once it is
committed to CVS, so I would like to get it right first time.

Suggestion:

                            <DDP_ROOT>

                 ---------------------------------
                 |                               |
            webpages                          manuals
                |                                |
 index.html  [structure as now]    [directory for each manual]   general
                manual_name.sgml    [chapter_name.sgml...]     [sundry items]

Generated web pages will not be checked in with CVS but will exist in
a separate tree, with links to it from the CVS-managed pages. The managed
pages will be copied or linked to the web server