response from LDP Users' Guide author

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 20 Jan 1998 18:17:24 -0500
From: Lawrence Greenfield <leg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: hp@POBOX.com
Subject: Re: Linux user's guide and Debian documentation project

    One solution would be to simply borrow heavily from what you've
   written - if you'd be open to that. However, this seems like sort of a
   bad solution - still a lot of duplication of effort. I asked on our
   mailing list if anyone had any better ideas, and Terry Dawson
   suggested asking if you had any thoughts.

I have no problem with this, really, as long as credit is given.  A
\Debian command would also be acceptable, as would a seperate
chapter.  I would personal not like to write in SGML: I've invested a
lot of time learning LaTeX.  I think HTMLizing it is a good thing, but
LaTeX2HTML (or however someone previously converted the document) does
a good enough job for these purposes.

    Also, is it OK if I forward your comments to the debian-doc mailing
   list?

Of course.  I'm somewhat short on ideas, obviously.

Before you get started, I do believe I have some modifications I can
forward to whoever's doing the work, so maybe it's up to 1994 instead
of 1804 like the currently distributed version.

All the best,
Larry