Re: debian-user faqomatic

On Sun, Jan 18, 1998 at 04:53:52PM -0500, Igor Grobman wrote:

> The last couple of days, I've been setting up the framework for a debian-user
> FAQ using FAQ-O-Matic perl scripts by Jon Howell.  You can now see the
> skeleton at http://www.debian.org/cgi-bin/fom.  Please take a look in the
> "About this FAQ" section.  That is the only one that has some answers so far
> :-).

I really like the idea of a self extending data base. I have an idea,
although I don't know if this is possible (but I hope so).

Can the debian faq that results be packaged? Two ways seems appropriate:

* Standard way in /usr/doc, various formats provided.
* With cgi scripts, so that I can write additions local (sparing online
time), and that will get send via mail to the right person.

The debian package should be build as often as the database changes, on a
weekly or later on a monthly base perhaps?

Can this be done?

> I'll spend the rest of the day filling in some answers.  After that, I'll need
> help, and I hope I'll get some :-).

Sure. It will explode, I think (and the user list will cripple and vanish ;)

Good work, Igor!

Marcus