Re: ddp-policy: [patch] typos and fixed some FIXMEs

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:23:13PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:12:26AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > > Is there anything particularly wrong with the content?
> >
> > 	Not with the patch. I was suggesting that somebody should go ahead
> > and review the content of the whole document, providing patches too would
> > be nice.

Dah, I see.

> But... is there anything particularly wrong with the whole document? :)

I think most of idea was summarized within debian-doc folks.  I think
this content has to be review by following people in the order.

 1) debian-www and debian-sgml folks
 2) debian-devel
 3) debian-policy

Can either of you to send a "request for comment" to those mailing list?

I know this "policy" has too much "best practice guides" than enforced
"policy".  But this should help promote consistency across
documentation.

Totally different but kind of related subject.  Current package control
field does not have explicit information on language/locale and encoding.

What happens if we include those at the end like "Task:"?  I think we
will need to have these for filtering packages in our future.

For example:
Package: debian-reference-en
Section: doc
Installed-Size: 1312
Maintainer: Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Source: debian-reference
Version: 1.05-2
Depends: debian-reference-common
Suggests: doc-base
Filename: pool/main/d/debian-reference/debian-reference-en_1.05-2_all.deb
Size: 925222
MD5sum: e34321fe7a6ba55518b1a15241a549bf
 This Debian Reference (http://qref.sourceforge.net/) covers many
 aspects of system administration through shell-command examples.  Basic
 tutorials, tips, and other information are provided for topics
 including fundamental concepts of the Debian system, system installation
 hints, Debian package management, the Linux kernel under Debian, system
 tuning, building a gateway, text editors, CVS, programming, and GnuPG
 for non-developers.  For help with emergency system maintenance,
 proceed to Section 6.2, `Debian survival commands', immediately.  The
 latest official version is http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/
 and the latest development version is
 http://qref.sourceforge.net/quick/.  The project is hosted at
 http://qref.sourceforge.net/.
Language: en
Encoding: ISO-8859-1
Osamu
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract