Re: finally end single-person maintainership

On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 09:26:10 +0000, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
>Also regarding gbp, my packaging workflow does not require it
>(debian/-folder-only in Git). Being enforced to use some other pkg'ing
>style would reduce my fun and end up with less productivity, I fear.
>The gbp workflow has its pros, but for me it is a too complex overhead
>without much gain to the end result (the uploaded package).

The debian/-only layout was quite common in the svn days and back then
we had adequate tooling to support that but those tools have rotted
away, it feels unnatural to me, and, frankly, exim's debian/-only
layout (that I introduced myself fifteen^wtwenty years ago) is the
main reason why I am a mostly inactive member on the exim team since I
still don't know any more how to properly build the package.

Greetings
Marc
Rhein-Neckar, DE   |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |
Nordisch by Nature | Lt. Worf, TNG "Rightful Heir" | Fon: *49 6224 1600402