Re: 64-bit time_t transition: cargo needs manual intervention

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 08:16:40AM -0700, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> pe 15. maalisk. 2024 klo 6.56 Fabian Grünbichler
> <debian@fabian.gruenbichler.email> kirjoitti:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 10:03:57PM -0700, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Is anyone perhaps planning to fix cargo?
> > >
> > > For example curl isn't building on armel/armhf now and numerous packages
> > > that depend of curl are not building on armel/armhf.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance to the person who steps up.
> >
> > see the (linked) t64 transition bug:
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1036884#197
>

> That link doesn't answer my question. The link is to bug report summarizing
> that cargo is broken and suggesting it needs to be re-bootstrapped.
>
> Currently we haven't seen anybody step up to do it. I would be very
> grateful if somebody with enough expertise would be available to do it and
> thus help resolve the whole chain of broken builds.

it does (the replies afterwards are about people stepping up, the
coordination then shifted to IRC where it is still ongoing..). it will
take a bit though, there are very large and intertwined dep chains to
analyze and unwind (and/or temporarily break), as well as lots of manual
rebootstrapping along the way..