Re: Proper handling of Lintian warnings due to other packages

On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 07:38:52AM +0100, Norwid Behrnd wrote:
> @Lauren  Because of an earlier post by you, I assume you prepare a package
> which eventually requires a sponsorship by a DD.  If this were true, the upload
> to https://mentors.debian.net/ would allow you to share an intermediate version
> to document your current progress -- both to replicate potential problems, as
> well as to hopefully identify ways how to improve it.  Later, a DD then can
> use and promote your best upload to the mentors page for an upload to Debian's
> repositories.

In general, your advice is very good and useful, thanks!
In this particular case, Lauren is working on a package maintained by
the RPM packaging team, and the work is visible in a salsa.debian.org
repository fork; this is another way in which one's work can be reviewed
by other developers (and in this particular case, Lauren, I *will* get
around to taking a look at yours soon, honest!)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@debian.org pp@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13