Re: changing existing entries in debian/changelog

Quoting Bill Allombert (2024-05-24 10:54:32)
> Le Fri, May 24, 2024 at 09:30:44AM +0200, Bastian Venthur a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having troubles finding the relevant parts in the developers reference.
> > I've uploaded a version to experimental and later found out that this
> > version fixes several bugs.
> >
> > Can I rewrite existing changelog entries for already uploaded versions with
> > the next upload, i.e. by adding the relevant "closes" line to the previsions
> > version?
>
> You need to use the option -v of dpkg-genchanges so that the relevant
> bugs are listed in the .changes file, so that they get automatically closed.

But then they get closed by the wrong version, no? Dev-ref says:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#when-bugs-are-closed-by-new-uploads

> To close any remaining bugs that were fixed by your upload, email the
> .changes file to XXX-done@bugs.debian.org, where XXX is the bug number, and
> put Version: YYY and an empty line as the first two lines of the body of the
> email, where YYY is the first version where the bug has been fixed.

When I don't have the .changes file anymore, I just mail
XXX-done@bugs.debian.org with a mail that has the "Version: YYY" line at the
top and then in the body explains that I'm manually closing it because I made a
mistake.

Thanks!

cheers, josch