Re: changing existing entries in debian/changelog

Quoting Andrey Rakhmatullin (2024-05-24 09:37:45)
> On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 09:30:44AM +0200, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> > I'm having troubles finding the relevant parts in the developers reference.
> > I've uploaded a version to experimental and later found out that this
> > version fixes several bugs.
> >
> > Can I rewrite existing changelog entries for already uploaded versions with
> > the next upload, i.e. by adding the relevant "closes" line to the previsions
> > version?
> You can if you want but it won't close the bugs, you'll still need to
> close them properly with manual action. SO it may be easier to just not edit
> them.

When I forget to add the "closes:" line to d/changelog, I will add it
retroactively (after having closed the bugs with the correct version manually)
because it allows others as well as future-me to look up in d/changelog to
which changes correspond to which bugs and bugs will have much more context for
a problem than a line in d/changelog.

Thanks!

cheers, josch