Re: Debian 10 "buster" moved to archive.debian.org

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 at 01:32, Ansgar 🙀 <ansgar@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Debian 10 "buster" has moved to archive.debian.org in order to free
> space on the main mirror network.  We plan to start removing files for
> non-LTS architectures in about two weeks; the existing Release files
> will then refer to no longer existing files on the main mirror network.
>
> An exception is the security archive (which already has no non-LTS
> architectures): we will only archive it after LTS support ended.

Would it be feasible to mirror the security section to
archive.debian.org as well?

As of today for example if one uses Buster on armhf one needs to have
the repos pointing to archive.debian.org but security still pointing
to deb.debian.org, which is confusing. It would be simpler for systems
that still have Buster could switch to archive.debian.org in one go
and not have to do it twice (once for main, and later for security).

Err:3 http://archive.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates Release
 404 Not Found [IP: 151.101.194.132 80]

Err:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/main armel Packages
 404 Not Found [IP: 151.101.162.132 80]