Re: How to create a custom Debian ISO

+debian-live

Hello Aditya,

On 11/05/2024 10:21, Aditya Garg wrote:
I wanted to create a custom ISO of Debian, with the following customisations:

1. I want to add a custom kernel that supports my Hardware.
2. I want to add my own Apt repo which hosts various software packages to support my hardware.

I am not able to get any good documentation for the same. Please help.

Let me chime in on this thread as well.
I had a quick peek at the scripts you use [1].

It appears to me that you want to create a custom Debian Live ISO (not a netinst image). If so, you can take a look at live-build, which is used for the Debian live images. Steps describing how to build a live ISO image are at [2] and a generic manual for live-build is at [3].

You can then build an ISO image from their packages, without the need for repacking (and automagically all checksums will match)

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus
Co-maintainer of live-build

[1] https://github.com/t2linux/T2-Ubuntu/tree/LTS