Re: De-vendoring gnulib in Debian packages

On 2024-05-11 07:09, Simon Josefsson via Gnulib discussion list wrote:
I would assume that (some stripped down
version of) git is a requirement to do any useful work on any platform
these days, so maybe it isn't a problem

Yes, my impression also is that Git has migrated into the realm of cc/gcc in that everybody has it, so it can depend indirectly on a possibly earlier version of itself.

Although it is worrisome that our collective trusted computing base keeps growing, let's face it, if there's a security bug in Git we're all in big trouble anyway.