Re: Re: Re: Make /tmp/ a tmpfs and cleanup /var/tmp/ on a timer by default [was: Re: systemd: tmpfiles.d not cleaning /var/tmp by default]

I guess sometimes when people discuss technical matters, good ideas pop up.

(Although I still think that its problematic interactions with lengthy
suspends makes the whole idea of auto-deletion based purely on
timestamps problematic. I can imagine more coherent mechanisms, which
doesn't count time the machine was suspended against the removal
clock, which check if any files are open, check if any process has its
current directory in a tree, which treats trees as a whole instead of
deleting leaves piecemeal only deleting the tree if all its contents
are ripe, etc. That would introduce considerable complexity though.
However, it is the sort of thing a good sysadmin would do before
manually removing stuff in /var/tmp/, so ...)