Re: Status of the t64 transition

On 18.04.24 21:22, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
Hi,

as the progress on the t64 transition is slowing down, I want to give an
overview of some of the remaining blockers that we need to tackle to get
it unstuck. I tried to identify some clusters of issues, but there might
be other classes of issues.

Let's start with the first category. Those are packages that could be
binNMUed, but there are issues that make those rebuilds not have the
desired effect. This list include packages that
  * are BD-Uninstallabe,
  * FTBFS but with out ftbfs-tagged RC bug,
  * have hard-coded dependencies on pre-t64 libraries,
  * have $oldlib | $newlib dependencies (those are at least wrong on
    armel/armhf and violate policy 2.2.1 once the pre-t64 libraries are
    decrufted),
  * have been rebuilt before all dependencies were built,
  * have broken symbols/shlibs files producing incorrect dependencies,
  * or might just be missing the binNMU (but those should be few).

wine-development

Ignore src:wine-development, it's in unstable only:
#988246 wine-development: not intended for a stable release

src:wine tracks the same upstream, currently has a newer version and is not on your list. So Wine should be fine.

Greets
jre