Debian 12 released with two RC bugs in Sylpheed

Hi,

Debian 12 was released with two Release Critical bugs I filed on May
20th 2023 (#1036424 and #1036388) on Sylpheed about issues that I
found on stable, and remain, with Debian 12 released later on June 10th
2023.

The maintainer accumulates a lot of bugs for the package, doesn't take
care about almost all, and when I filed a RC bug because the package
became unusable to me he downgraded severity to important claiming it
was just a Gmail issue, when it didn't seem so, even if it was
just happening with Gmail. I wanted to point you to this bug number to
provide records, but couldn't find it neither opened nor archived. The
supposed solution at the time for it was to upload 3.7.0beta1, when the
existing version was 3.6.0, and the issue magically disappeared without
explanation from him. I discovered he uploaded later another beta
(3.8.0beta1), which was included in Debian 12. As far as I recall,
3.7.0beta1 got into Debian
11. He even claimed at the time that Sylpheed was too old and so
troublesome and useless and was considering removing it from Debian
just because of that.

I want to know why Debian 12 was released with those two Sylpheed RC
bags, report the incident to you all, know what to do with the
maintainer and kindly request that someone better at the job takes over
Sylpheed maintainance, or otherwise I will become a Debian developer
and package it myself.

There are earlier precedents of me filing a RC bug on Sylpheed, with
the bug getting unattended, he raising a bad excuse that it was
inexistant, and the package caming up later with a newer version with
the issue solved and me making the mistake of thinking I was wrong
about the bug existing and needed to be filed, and (me) closed the bug,
most likely when it still remained in stable (this I don't remember
perfectly at this time).

I even have no doubt that what he packaged to stable (bookworm)
currently has at least one back door that is not credible at all is in
upstream, showing up with the spell checker marking some words in this
email as wrong after initially turning up as correctly spelt, namedly
"caming" and "mistakingly".