Re: 64-bit time_t transition in progress in unstable

On Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 12:20:22AM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > Aside from the libuuid1t64 revert, for which binNMUs have been scheduled, I
> > actually would expect unstable to be dist-upgradeable on non-32-bit archs:
> > either the existing non-t64 library will be kept installed because nothing
> > yet needs the t64 version, or something does want the t64 version and apt
> > will accept it as a replacement for the non-t64 version because it Provides:
> > the non-t64 name.

> > So once the libuuidt64 revert is done (later today?), if apt dist-upgrade is
> > NOT working, I think we should want to see some apt output showing what's
> > not working.

> Sorry, I've been crazy busy so I didn't have time to object to
> libuuid1t64 as bewing compltely unnecessary before it had rolled out
> to unstable.  Similarly, libcom-err2 and libss2 don't use time_t, so
> the rename to ...t64 was completely unnecessary.

Yes, apologies, we can't assume any particular mapping from -dev packages to
runtime lib packages in packages that have multiple -dev packages, so
libcom-err2 and libss2 were swept up in the renaming and I only noticed
after the fact that this was unnecessary.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/