Re: Any way to install packages+run autopkgtests on porterbox machines?

On 3/1/24 18:08, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Fri, Mar 01, 2024 at 07:15:16PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
You can use local sbuild chroots for foreign architectures, both for
building and, I assume, running autopkgtests.

I know but that is not something I want. This invaidates the whole point of using
porter machines.
I though the whole point of using porter machines is being able to run at
least something on architectures you don't have otherwise. Local chroots
are superior to that, not inferior, when they are also available..

local schroots don't permit to run autopkgtest in the same env (Debian uses lsc), and I don't think we can reproduce distinct architectures inside lsc. (And when I follow the lsc doc given with autopkgtest, nothing work: no network inside containers).

So Like Nilesh, I try to reproduce autopkgtest failures using modified build tests (and waste a lot of time to do that).