Re: time_t and backports

On 2024-02-26 John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,

> As a person that frequently uploads to bookworm-backports, I am
> wondering how we are handling the time_t transition there?

> The picture of synchronization with testing is a little complicated over
> there.  If you change the default build flags, you produce unexpected
> surprises over bookworm.  If you don't, the t64 packages aren't really
> t64.

Hello,

Imho you would need to undo the t64 rename for bpo instead of fiddling
with buildflags. We needed a transition because the whole distribution
needs to be built consistently with (or without) t64.  bookworm is built
without.

If you backported a libfoo3 which had replaced libfoo2t64 things will
get complicated, it would be necessary to upload as libfoo3t32 but the
tooling (${t32:Provides} does not exist.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'