Re: postgresql-16; wrong NMU versions (Re: 64-bit time_t transition in progress)

On Sun, Feb 04, 2024 at 04:08:43PM -0800, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> +1 for MariaDB for the above. Also I think the package name change was
> done for the wrong package, it should probably have been done for
> libmariadb3 and not for libmariabd19.

> apt-cache rdepends --no-recommends --no-suggests libmariadb3
> = 120 packages

> vs zero packages using libmariadbd (that library is useful mostly for
> embedded systems doing custom binaries)

$ grep mariadb results/*
results/results_dumped.txt:libmariadb-dev
results/results_failed.txt:libmariadbd-dev
results/results_none.txt:libmariadb-dev
$

There was nothing unintentional here.  libmariadb-dev is clean wrt time_t.
libmariadbd-dev failed to be analyzed because it has header ordering
requirements which did not get resolved.

https://adrien.dcln.fr/misc/armhf-time_t/2024-02-03T09:18:00/logs/libmariadbd-dev/base/log.txt

Much better that there be a library transition only for the lesser-used
library!

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/