Re: bookworm+½ needed (Arc GPUs, ...)

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 10:31:17AM -0400, M. Zhou wrote:
> Intel is also slow in upstreaming their SYCL implementation to LLVM
> upstream. So that there is still a very far way to go towards
> the pytorch variant that can use intel ARC GPU.

Yeah, but that's not a problem for the installer.  Nor for a random user
who wants to do some coding, browsing, and maybe play a game sometimes.

I know that it's frustrating for you, but for now I'd care about more basic
uses.  As far as I know, Intel cares about SYCL mostly for server GPUs like
Ponte Vecchio with ARC being only an afterthought.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Elemental clouds:
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ • earth: cumulogranite (aviation)