Re: bookworm+½ needed (Arc GPUs, ...)

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 08:32:17AM +0200, Fabian Greffrath wrote:
> > Before we go and bother the relevant folks (or maybe even do part of the
> > work ourselves...), could someone name other pieces of hardware that
> > would be wanted for Bookworm+½?
>
> not sure of that's what you mean, but the Realtek RTL8852BE Wi-Fi
> adapter is only properly supported by Linux 6.2.

Then it would require no other action but grabbing a backported kernel, thus
is already included in any reasonable Bookworm+½ plan (we don't do
frankenkernels).  But even in this case, it is still good to know that,
to include such an adapter in documentation.

Obviously there's no point in listing every newly supported piece of
hardware as every kernel version adds hundreds of them, but some are more
prominent than others.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁                            'Russkiy voyennyi korabl, idi nakhuy'