Re: Issues in the Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 03:42:03PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
On 08/08/23 at 01:25 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
  - There is a requirement for the first field to appear on the first
    line, but git formatted patches start with «From ».

That's OK, since From is an alternative to Author, so it's a valid DEP3
field.

Is "From " an alternative to "Author:"? "From:" is, but Git patches are
more mbox-like with "From " (space suffixed, not colon). DEP3 seems
remarkably ambiguous on the syntax. (RFC 2822 seems fairly clear though,
only colon delimits the header field name.)

So I think that the next step would be for someone to start a draft to
update DEP3. I might do it myself at some point, but would be very happy
if someone else did it.

+1

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.