Re: Activity of the libvirt team?

On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 01:37:23PM +0200, Lee Garrett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've packaged rhsrvany [0], which I'd like to maintain under the umbrella of
> the libvirt team. I've tried to join the salsa team on salsa [1]. But so far
> my request has been ignored. I checked the wiki page of team libvirt [2],
> however it seems mostly outdated as it still references alioth. I've asked
> on the mailing list [3], however the last activity there is two years ago,
> and my message is awaiting moderator approval. I've also poked Guido Günther
> directly, who seemed to have done some of the more recent uploads for
> libvirt.
>
> So what would be the process to join the libvirt team? I'd like to push the
> source repo of rhsrvany to a team-maintained space.

I think you've done the right thing by asking to be added to the
libvirt-team group on Salsa. Unfortunately I don't have admin
privilege to the group, so you'll have to wait for Guido to act on
the request. Same thing for the pkg-libvirt-discuss, which I believe
Guido is the moderator for. Please hold on tight, I'm sure he'll get
around to it :)

The wiki page looks pretty outdated, yes. If you have time to change
it so that it points to up-to-date resources, that would be very much
appreciated! Just as you taking the time to package rhsrvany is :)

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org>