How do you cause a re-run of autopkgtests?

Hi folks,

Regarding:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/groff

...progress of groff into testing is blocked because autopkgtests went
bonkers, failing on every architecture.  This was due to a change in a
groff diagnostic message not getting scraped away by dgit, which was
using a regex to match the message text, and employing one of its own
man pages as a model document to, I think, validate correct man/groff
operation, or man page rendering.  Unfortunately the dgit man page in
question was defective.  I reported the bug with an explanation and
patch, and Ian Jackson promptly fixed and uploaded it.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1446065/accepted-dgit-111-source-into-unstable/

But I see no mechanism for interacting with autopkgtests to force them
to re-run due to the remedy of a defect in the test harness itself.

How is this to be done?  Should some automated mechanism for achieving
this be added, and if so, where?

Regards,
Branden