Debian 13 release schedule and Debian 15 codename announcement

Hello Debian users,

We are happy to announce that Debian 13, codenamed "Trixie", is expected to be released sometime in 2024, following the usual 2-year release cycle. The exact release date will depend on the progress of testing and bug fixing, but we will keep you updated on the development status.

As part of the release process, we have planned the following freeze dates:

- Toolchain freeze: January 19, 2024
- Soft freeze: February 19, 2024
- Hard freeze: March 18, 2024
- Full freeze: To be announced

Please refer to https://release.debian.org/trixie/freeze_policy.html for more details on what each freeze means and how to prepare your packages for the release.

We would also like to reveal the codename of Debian 15, which will be "Buttercup". This name follows the tradition of naming Debian releases after characters from the Toy Story movies. We hope you like it and look forward to your contributions to make Debian 15 another great release.

Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for Debian.

Sincerely,
Joaquín Rufo Gutierrez
Debian Release Team