Re: 64-bit time_t transition for 32-bit archs: a proposal

On Tue, 06 Jun 2023 at 12:27:56 -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> there is the possible
> case of people running I-don't-know-which proprietay productivity tool
> provided as a binary that cannot be convinced of a 64-bit time_t that
> will receive errors when the timeocalypse approaches

Sure, and that's unfortunate; but if those same people run the same binary
on i386 + 64-bit time_t, and it gets memory corruption and crashes
because some library that was recompiled for this transition is now trying
to put a 64-bit time_t into a 32-bit location, that's not actually going
to be any more suitable for their needs.

    smcv