Re: icc-profiles_2.2_source.changes REJECTED

Quoting Bastien Roucariès (2023-02-25 15:04:09)
> Le vendredi 24 février 2023, 06:13:48 UTC Shengjing Zhu a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 7:38 AM Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> > >
> > > What to do when a package is blocked from getting updated due to it
> > > being itself?
> > >
> > > I have tried replying to FTPmasters as invited in the rejection message,
> > > but have been met with silence.
> > >
> > > I have tried filing bug#1030961 but have so far seen no response on that
> > > either.
> > >
> > > Will it make sense to reassing that bugreport to the technical
> > > committee?  Or to the release team?  Or should I request removal of the
> > > package, because security bugfixes (however unlikely for a package
> > > containing purely static data files) is impossible?
> > >

> > >  - Jonas
> > >
> > > Quoting Debian FTP Masters (2023-02-09 04:19:39)

> Seems like a bug on lintian
>
> Feel free to prod me with a small testcase or a patch will try to do something

Thanks, Shengjing Zhu, for suggesting to solve this in lintian.

Thanks, Bastien, for offering to help do that.

I am not convinced, however, that this issue is a bug in lintian:
The testcase you ask for is the actual files in the icc-profiles source
package which already is already correctly identified by lintian.  I.e.
issue is not that some different files get misdetected but instead that
lintian _correctly_ identifies the files in this non-free package and
_correctly_ classifies those as unsuitable in main, but ftpmaster then
using that identification and classification as reason for rejecting an
upload of the non-free package.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones