Re: DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nowerror

On Fri, 2023-02-24 at 07:19 +0100, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> As such, I propose a generic DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nowerror modelled after
> the original observation, but meant to also match other checkers such as
> shellcheck. The general idea should be that a warning should that can be
> non-fatal should be non-fatal if possible.

The name is too specific and can be misread:

- It is specific to -Werror, but other similar systems exist.

- It can be easily read an "now error" (i.e., a warning
  should "now (be an) error").

Also I think it was recommended to *not* use -Werror by default as it
is too fragile. Maybe one should have a "developer mode" flag instead
that allows using -Werror?

Ansgar