Re: rust-*/librust-* arch:any vs. arch:all and cross-compilation support

    Fabian> On Wed, Feb 15, 2023, at 7:51 PM, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm writing this mail in order to get further input from
    >> knowledgeable, but not directly involved DDs - mostly those
    >> involved with cross-building and multi-arch matters.

    Fabian> sorry for the noise - now with correct CC of
    Fabian> debian-cross@lists.debian.org, instead of the mis-pasted
    Fabian> d-cross@ ..

A couple of questions that aren't obvious to me:

1) Is my understanding generally correct that it mostly doesn't matter
if you get the wrong architecture's package for a rust library package,
since it's the same source code in both cases?

2) When does it matter which architecture's packages you get for rust
library packages?

3) When do rust library packages have dependencies on other kinds of
packages--packages that have more than source code?