Re: RFC: advise against using Proton Mail for Debian work?

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 11:21:06PM +0100, Norwid Behrnd wrote:
> I would like to add an observation tangential to your points A), explanation
> to new contributors, and B) potentially advise against the use of Proton Mail
> for Debian work to yield a «no, Proton Mail can be useful for some Debian
> work».

I'll chip in, without wearing any hats, to comment that:

a) I completely agree with all the sentiments raised about not storing
the private portion of OpenPGP keys on other people's systems; this
extends to systems run by DSA (in the distant past we had to do a clean
up of DD keys that had been stored on master).

but

b) Proton Mail are active members of the OpenPGP ecosystem and are doing
good work in trying to improve it's usefulness and usability. I have no
reason to object to their use within Debian, as long as upload keys are
not stored there.

J.

--
/-\                             |   "Do I scare you?" "No." "Do you
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |   want me to?" -- Wayne's World.