Re: reference Debian package of multiple binaries sharing one man page

Hi,

On 2023/11/11 3:20, Norwid Behrnd wrote:
Hello,

I seek a maintained Debian package which provides multiple binaries sharing one
man page in common -- do you know an example?

Vim is an example of this, if I recalled it right - Vim has multiple frontends, there is a CLI one and a GTK one, which is in vim-gtk3 package. Both frontends has its corresponding manual pages, but they are identical.

However, vim(1) is packaged into vim-common, gvim(1) is packaged into vim-gui-common. Since one copy of the manual is packages two times separately, I don't see any issue like this will come to Vim.

Regards,
Xinhui