Re: ITP: art/6.1-1 --ASCII art

Am 23. Oktober 2023 02:33:37 MESZ schrieb Yogeswaran Umasankar <kd8mbd@gmail.com>:
>Package: wnpp
>Owner: Yogeswaran Umasankar <kd8mbd@gmail.com>
>Severity: wishlist
>
>* Package name     : art
>   Version          : 6.1-1
>   Upstream contact : Sepand Haghighi <sepand.haghighi@yahoo.com>
> * URL              : https://github.com/sepandhaghighi/art
> * License          : MIT
> * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/NGC2023/art
>   Section          : python
>
>ASCII art is also known as "computer text art". It involves the

From the package name, I gather that this is a collection of art pieces.
From the package description, I gather it is a collection of ASCII art pieces.

Since such collection is probably not "complete", the genetic name seems a bit pretentious.

If the package is not a collection of art pieces, would you consider a more specific name for both the source and binary packages, like "python-art" (resp "python3-art"), as mandated by the python policy?

mfh.her.fsr
IOhannes