Re: Illegal Instruction Using sudo in Bookworm on i686

Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> writes:

> On 17-10-2023 22:16, Andrey Rakhmatullin wrote:
>> Yes, assuming the pre-bookworm Debian i386 architecture fully supports it,
>> as I don't know what *exactly* was allowed in the "almost i686"
>> stretch-bullseye i386.
>
> According to the release notes (which *should* be authoritative, but may
> have bugs):

worth hilighting that release-notes will only be able to document the
situation correctly if people report bugs against release-notes with the
important information - if someone had said that a processor
understanding "ENDBR32" was needed to run bookworm it would have been
mentioned in release notes similar to the "long NOP"

Is there an page that tabulates release name and detailed hardware
baseline - if i want to know "what release can run on a computer with X
processor", is is there somewwhere i go to research that? it would be
useful for release-notes to link to such a page