AltGr+<Key> not working anymore on most Desktop apps in Gnome

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange bug, and need some help to fix it and finding the potential package to file the bug against.

I'm using the US international keyboard layout with deadkeys on my system. Many letters like "ä" can be composed via deadkey, others like "ß" can be created via key-combo, here: AltGr+s.

The problem is, that the AltGr-combos don't work anymore on most desktop applications. It does work on the gnome shell search and xterm but it does not work anywhere else like firefox or the gnome terminal.

Everything works correctly on the linux terminal.

The configuration for the console is:

$ cat /etc/default/keyboard
# KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE

# Consult the keyboard(5) manual page.

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="us"
XKBVARIANT="intl"
XKBOPTIONS=""

BACKSPACE="guess"

In Gnome settings the keyboard is set to US intl. with dead keys.

Can anyone point me to a potential fix or relevant package?

Thanks,

Bastian

--
Dr. Bastian Venthur                                 https://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org